Monday, November 28, 2011

37 weeks: Considered full term!

37 Weeks


Well I am officially considered full term at this point! Yahhhoooo! Thanksgiving Day was also the day I hit that full term milestone! We had our apartment pretty full for a wonderful dinner with family. My parents came from New York State, my sister, brother in law and their 3 kids from about 30 min. away, and my brother came up from Maryland and his girlfriend came from DE. It was a great time of giving thanks and enjoying God's many provisions and blessings! Everyone brought and cooked food so, no, I did not have to do all the cooking! :) The next day some of us went to Kitchen Kettle Village and took a buggy ride! Then Saturday when it was just Joe and I we decided to decorate for Christmas before the baby comes!

My symptoms seem to remain about the same, swelling in hands, ankles, feet, legs especially if I have been sitting too long or standing/walking too long. I can't wear my rings anymore, so I have to wear them on a necklace :( Oh and one strange thing that has happened during this pregnancy is that my hair is growing in wavy and darker! Strange! I always wanted curly hair, but it is weird to see the roots coming in dark and wavy! Other symptoms are of course the contractions that come more frequently and harder. I have been having contractions for about the last week that seem to come anywhere from 7 min-25 min apart. Sometimes they come regular for about an hour to two or three hours then they slow down again. Baby seems to have dropped some causing more heaviness and pressure in my hips, legs, and pelvic floor. I get much more back pain and such also. Pretty much everything is normal. Oh and at my last appointment they said I gained 4 lbs in a week! Ahh! And I also tested positive for Group B Strep, and now need IV antibiotics during the entire labor/delivery.


No comments:

Post a Comment